We still think there is a good chance you can be in Florida for your family's spring break and for a good price.
For the last month of so the major US airlines have been offering sales across America for travel for spring break except to Florida, Cancun, San Juan, Montego Bay and other select Caribbean destinations.
This week we've got good news: NO more spring break blackouts to Florida and other select Caribbean destinations. Now to qualify for the cheapest airfares to Florida you must travel on Mondays thru Thursdays. Travel on Fridays and Saturdays will be slightly higher. Sundays will be sky high due to demand, so avoid Sunday as a travel day.
We also have some other strategies to help you and the kiddos get to Florida without breaking the bank for spring break 2011.
Here are the strategies:
1. Avoid the Saturday the first week of spring break. Avoid returning on Sundays during March and April. Sundays are in high demand and the airfare prices can nearly double.
Dallas, Ft. Worth and Arlington school districts all will be off the same week for spring break which falls on the week of March 13, 2011. For example, when we checked the airfare from Dallas to Orlando departing on Saturday March 12 returning the following Saturday March 19, 2011 the cheapest roundtrip airfares is $574 roundtrip per person.
When we booked a 7 night stay from Dallas to Orlando departing on a Sunday March 13 and returning on Sunday March 20, 2011 the roundtrip airfares was $529. But, if you take off on a Monday let's say March 14, 2011 and return the following Monday your airfare drops to $286 per person or if you book Tuesday to Tuesday your airfare decreases even more to $239 roundtrip.
If you do want a weekend stay try not to return on a Sunday and push your return date to either a Monday or Tuesday. If you can do that you could save yourself hundreds of dollars. A family of four can save big bucks, you just need to be flexible.
2. Book your air and hotel together. We can save you more money by bundling these together. Check out your top 25 spring break vacation destinations by clicking here.
3. Maybe take a shorter vacation departing on a Monday and returning on a Thursday or Friday.
4. If you are traveling to Florida between April 25 thru June 12 and are returning by June 26, you may want to check out our fly one-way to Florida and drive a car home for $33 a week. Also if you school let out for summer before June 12 this would be a great way to see the USA in a Chevrolet. You save on airfare and the price of your car rental. To find out more details, click here.
5. Always try purchase your tickets during sale period. This week we have airfares on sale to Florida that need to be booked no later than March 8, 2011 and will be valid for travel thru May 24, 2011.
6. If you are not traveling with kids or you are traveling with kids who are not yet old enough to attend school, find out when your local schools are closed for spring break, some major metro areas may have different weeks, so be careful.
But if you were to take off from Dallas to Orlando two weeks later on March 26, 2011 and return April 2, 2011 your roundtrip airfare drops to $228 roundtrip. That's a savings of $346 per person. Travel midweek March 29 thru April 6 and the airfare drops to $159 roundtrip that's a savings of $415 per person.
Don't forget to check out our flexible dates feature on our booking engine to help you find the Bestfares. You should also try our comparing nearby airports tool to see if flying into an airport nearby would be cheaper.
To book your cheap spring break airfare online today click here.
TO SEE MORE TRAVEL DEALS LIKE THIS ONE CLICK HERE
CRUISE DEALS CLICK HERE