SOLD OUT!This great offer is valid with Budget and Avis and you can rent an compact, intermediate, standard, full size car, or an intermediate SUV for $15 per day plus taxes!
** As if 1 pm July 2, 2012, we were notified that this offer has been pulled early due to the overwhelming response, the car rental companies are now sold out of these cars and can longer offer this deal. Sorry if you snoozed on this deal, if you don't want to miss any of our hot offers sign up for our Facebook, Twitter, and Hot Deals by Email and be notified as soon as we get our hands on hot new deals!
So for $15 a day you can drive across America in a Chevrolet. This is a great offer for a peak summer getaway and people wanting to get a jump on the summer crowds at Disney, and the Florida beaches.
You can book a car or SUV for 7 days for as little as $104 per week before taxes. But, this rate is only available by booking on Bestfares.com and using our special discount promotion codes!
When we checked picking up a full size car in Orlando on July 18 and dropping the car off in Oklahoma City on July 25, we got a rate for $105, with all taxes $160 for a compact, intermediate, standard or a full-size rental car.
Or course, you may pay less in taxes at non-airport locations such as Boca Raton, Clearwater, Punta Gorda, etc. However, you would have to find a ride from the airport to the local rental location, so unless you live in the city, or have family willing to drop you off at the neighborhood location, then this option is not cost effective.
This can be a great deal for families who want to take a vacation to Florida. Since the maximum rental period is seven days, you can go to Florida for four or five days then take a couple of days to drive back to Dallas. You do have to pay for gas, but the price at the pump would be less than the car rental cost alone for pick up and drop off in Florida. Even when you add in the cost of gas, you still end up ahead on the price of the car rental.
We calculated the cost of gas to drive a full size car from Orlando to Dallas and it would be around $137. The cost of the one-way rental would cost $297 with gas, versus $443 for the rental within Florida, for a savings of $146. If you rented a smaller car, it would cost even less to drive home.
Car rentals for use within Florida can easily cost $350-$450 for a week, but you can rent a car for $105 per week, use it during your Florida vacation and then drive home. Taxes and fees are additional and vary by rental. At press time, we checked rates for pick up July 18 and return July 25 and found a full size car for $157, including taxes and fees, for pick up in Orlando and drop off at DFW. The same full size car with pick up and drop off in Orlando for the same rental period would cost $443 if you pay at the time of rental. Taxes and fees are included.
In addition to the savings above, you also won’t be subject to baggage fees on your return trip home. When we checked July fares, the cheapest one-ways were for flights from Dallas to Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and Tampa. You could pay around $800 one-way for a family of four to fly to Florida and rent a car for around $160, versus $1,600 to fly roundtrip, plus $350 to $450 for a rental car for a week. A family of four could save $900 to $1,000 with this offer.
You don’t have to drive straight back to Dallas, or return directly to your drop off destination of your choice, You could stop at a Florida Panhandle beach town, like Destin or go to New Orleans, or any other city of your choosing along your way home.
We have 195 different locations in Florida you can pick up your rental car from. However, the drop off locations are limited to 30 drop off cities east of Denver. To see participating Budget pick up and drop off locations, please click here. To see participating Avis pick up and drop off locations, please click here.
You must pick up your car by July 31, and all rentals must be returned by August 7; as you can keep the car up to 7 days.
You can drive from Key West, Florida all the way to Boston, if you so choose! The car rental companies just ask that you return their car to one of their major airport locations.
You can rent a compact through a full size or an intermediate SUV for this great rate, so all you have to decide is how much do you want to spend on gas and where you want to go? Can you imagine how much money you will save on checked luggage fees? Especially, when you are hauling home all kinds of souvenirs for the kids!
To book this offer please click on the link below are use these special discount promo codes for great savings. For BUDGET use BCD Discount Code V268100. For AVIS use AWD Member Code A489000.
* NOTE: Remember if you are driving west and change time zones, make sure you adjust your drop off time, so that you are not charged for additional hours of rental.
To book your one-way out of Florida discount rental car online, please click here.
- Car must be picked up between between March 30 and July 31, 2012 at a participating Florida airport location and dropped-off at a different participating Northeast, Southeast and Central locations.
- Rates require a minimum 1- to maximum 7-consecutive-day rental.
- Offer valid on compact (class B), intermediate (class C), standard (class D), full-size (class E), 12-passenger van (class P) cars OR intermediate SUV only.
- To use this offer, reservation must be booked 24 hours in advance of pickup.
- Offer may not be available during holiday and other blackout periods; rate surcharges apply during peak periods.
- Offer subject to vehicle availability at the time of reservation and may not be available on some rates at some times.
- Rates are non-discountable; they may not be combined with any other BCD number, coupon, promotion or offer.
- Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) may apply and are extra.
- Optional products such as LDW ($29.99/day or less,) and refueling are extra.
- Renter must meet Budget age, driver and credit requirements.
- Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
- Offer valid for one-way rentals only.
- Rates are based on U.S. currency.
TRAVEL NEWS CLICK HERE
TRAVEL DEALS CLICK HERE
CRUISE NEWS CLICK HERE
CRUISE DEALS CLICK HERE
FREE STUFF CLICK HERE
TOP 25 VACATION DESTINATIONS CLICK HERE